* Looking for breathtaking views at an affordable price? This tour will tick it off
* No deadline for booking, last minute tours are accepted. * Take in views and move freely with NO crowds.
* you get to spend 3 hours of hiking the Jinshanling section and 1 hour at Gubeikou for a distance of roughly 6.5 kms. * Suitable for families with kids or seniors.
* Group size varies from 5 people to 25 people depending on the signups of each day * English-speaking tour guide
* Included: entry fees to the Great Wall!
* Included: Snack and bottled water for early morning pickups and gourmet Chinese lunch prepared freshly! Vegetarian food can also be accommodated. * Included: Free hotel pickup in the morning if your hotel is within the 2nd Ring Road Loop!
* Easy-to-find meeting point at a Subway Station if you are outside the 2nd Ring Loop
VIP sedan hotel pickup outside of the 2nd Ring Road Loop, add CNY 69-139 (US$9.99-US$19.99) per vehicle
* Exclusive access to Gubeikou Great Wall in late afternoon to see the sunset on the Great Wall.
* This tour is available from March to October depending on the sunset time. In winter, we will reroute to Gubeikou Great Wall for an alternative sunset tour. Please contact us for more information.
CNY 899 or US$129/person
Last-minute registration is OK!
11% off for the 1st guest;
22% off for the 2nd guest;
33% off for the 3rd guest and more guests;
44% off for seniors of 65+ or kids under 12;
Extra 5% off on the top of above discounts for college students.
10% Extra Discount for the Forbidden City, Winter Palace and Hutong Tour.
Add Forbidden City and Winter Palace group tour for extra 10% off. The Forbidden City requires advanced ticket booking only online. It's a hassle to international travelers, but not for us, we will organize for your convenience and you can relax knowing everything is organized.
We will arrange a time to meet in the early morning between the times of 6:20 am, and 7:30 am. Either at your hotel or a Subway station exit. Please visit this meeting page for the details. If you miss breakfast, don't worry, we have free bread and bottled water for you.
From Chaoyangmen Station, we will drive 2.5 hours to Jinshanling. We will hike from Jinshanling until we reach Simatai West called Second Valley. As we head west, you will find the Great Wall starts to deteriorate gradually, making the hike progressively more challenging, but also interesting to observe and compare.
The Jinshanling Great Wall possesses an excellent opportunity to take in some fabulous views. Make sure to take your camera. You will not be disappointed! This part of the Great Wall has not been repaired since 1570. It is very remote, but it's what makes it so unique and a great chance to experience the nature and the wild parts of the wall.
Catching the sunset at Gubeikou
Upon reaching the gate of "the Second Valley" this is at the EAST Gate of Jinshanling, you have officially completed today's hiking. We will treat you to a delicious lunch prepared in a local restaurant. We have local support staff that will meet you in the restaurant and from there to the Gubeikou section. It is here along this section where you will get to experience an amazing sunset.
In 1933, the Chinese army fought against a Japanese invasion at Gubeikou. After four long months of battling, there were over 5000 Japanese soldiers killed and 9000 Chinese soldiers. You will watch the sunset right from the watchtowers that the soldiers were fighting.
When finished, you will be transferred to the bus terminal at Gubei Watertown, where you will take the express bus to Dongzhimen Bus Terminal of Beijing. Follow the instruction on this page. You can transfer to Subway Line 2 to go back to your hotel or take Airport Express to catch your flight.
"The scenery here was incredible. If you're doing a day tour of The Wall from Beijing I highly recommend accessing it from Jinshanling rather than from Mutianyu because its much less crowded. The group almost had the entire section of wall to ourselves which made the scenery even more phenomenal. "
- annielorri, on TripAdvisor. Experienced May 2019
Chaoyangmen Subway Station of Line 2 or 6. Group level of Exit A
This tour does NOT have a deadline for signup. If you sign up at midnight, you are fine. Simply show up by 7:20 at Chaoyangmen Station and claim your booking with Great Wall Adventure Club to your guide, James. James will report to our office about your participation.
Extend Your Great Wall Experience with Camping on the Great Wall Tonight (TOUR CODE 2GC1)
If you are interested in camping on the Great Wall for a night ( a very unique and rare chance), you can for an additional CNY699 or USD99. After you finish your lunch, our local support staff will meet you in the restaurant and transfer you to the Gubeikou section of the Great Wall, where our camping site is held. Gubeikou is an entirely unrestored part of the Great Wall, 30 minutes away from Jinshanling. You will relax and have a chance to watch a beautiful sunset. We will then treat you to some local cuisine at our camping base at a family-owned hostel. Afterward, we will help set up camp for the night, an inspiring experience! The following morning wake up to a beautiful sunrise, then our staff will send you to a public bus that takes you to Dongzhimen Subway Station of Beijing, where you can conveniently manage your return from there. For more details of this camping program, please visit the Affordable Group Hiking and Private Camping page.
Copyright Great Wall Walk, a Great Wall Adventure Club company, 2003-2020. All rights reserved.